February 4, 2013

Jaejoong Excerpt [2]: The JYJ Magazine, Story of 1000 Days





Transcript:



On Dr. Jin


Although there were many difficulties and burdens, Kim Jaejoong has overcome all with his ability and endeavor. After the end of the drama, he received honorable mentions such as, ‘The rediscovery of Kim Jaejoong,’ and ‘Actor who excellently portrays a star-crossed figure, Kim Kyungtak.’

“When everything started, I also had the same fear. After the drama ended, I knew that the character, Kyungtak, had given me many things. Sometimes, I still re-watch the last episode of Dr.Jin and I still fall for Kyungtak whose tears blankly flowed in that scene. He tried his best to protect people around him. I think we have that point in common. That’s why I really like that guy.”



On Directing Son Yeonjae’s Gala

Other than concerts, Kim Jaejoong had to prepare for the stage of a gala show. He said, “It would have been hard for her because it was not something Yeonjae has been steadily doing. Because dance and gymnastics are totally different. It was the first time that I was so serious about teaching someone something. I’m thankful that Yeonjae followed so well.”

This gala show was also the chance for Jaejoong to be closer to Son Yeonjae. “At the time when I was the director of the show, she used to call me ‘director-nim’ but nowadays, she calls me ‘oppa.’ I watched Infinite Challenge, in which Yeonjae appeared, ‘Oppa’ - ‘Ahjussi’ - “Uncle’ are clearly seperate but I was ‘Oppa’ without constraint. (laugh)”



On Cooking

Kim Jaejoong who is very interested in cooking chose haejangguk [T/N: haejangguk refers to all kinds of guk (soup) eaten as a hangover cure in Korean cuisine] as the menu he can make with full confidence. Its squid soup with radish. “Actually, you just have to buy the ingredients and cook it. Put radish, parsley, groundsel in. Then top it with sliced squid and cook it. I’m also good at making seafood soup and gochujang pasta [T/N: gochujang = red pepper paste]. If I have a chance in the future, I also want to enter the restaurant business.”





Translated & Shared by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ
Transcript: Hellothrice

No comments:

Post a Comment